Copyright © 2015 Hauser & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved | Contact
Most new product development cycles can be characterized by the three stages shown below. Hauser & Associates, Inc. has concept research methodologies for each of these three stages.
1. EARLY STAGE
• General direction has been established regarding categories, need gaps, technical capabilities, etc.
• Key concept “elements have been identified and given a category (i.e. brand name, product form, color, ingredient(S), price, end-benefits, etc.)
• It is necessary to identify optimal concept “bundles” from all the possible combinations, There may be several or as many as thousands of possible bundles at this point.
2. MID STAGE
• Several fully developed concepts are available.
• Need to quantify relative concept appeal and gain some diagnostics.
• Need to identify high potential concepts.
3. LATE STAGE
• One or a few well developed concepts have been identified.
• Product prototype may be available.
• Need for a full evaluation, volume estimate, and in-depth diagnostics.
Contact us for more information.
Management Strategic Direction
Simulated Test Market
“Live” Test Market
Full Concept or Concept/Product Testing